They connect people to the Colorado Springs waterways!
The Greenway Fund continues to expand its impact by channeling the collective voice of our community. We advocate for creatinginnovative transformation of our regional waterways through the development of greenway trails and water access, connecting the community to our waterways through recreational opportunities and an enhanced natural experience, and protecting valuable environmental assets in partnership with local government, non-profits and businesses. What does this look like?
- Convening regional conversations and initiatives related to the waterways
- Economic and community development initiatives such as Envision Shooks Run
- Promoting watershed health and resiliency through low impact development, sustainability measure and decreasing non-point source (NPS) contamination.
- Creek Week 2017 is on pace to be our biggest year ever with upwards of 3,000 volunteers throughout the region making it the biggest water clean-up and restoration event in Colorado
- Identifying and bringing funding into the Front Range and Pikes Peak Region for water based infrastructure projects. This includes careful examination and application for international and domestic grant opportunities, state granting programs, federal granting programs, and philanthropic interests.
- Key leadership partner in the Watershed Outreach Collaborative (WOC) and the Brewshed Alliance
Donate to support the Greenway Fund
You will be redirected to the COCO paypal page. Be sure to type “Greenway Fund” where the donation page says “Give to a specific program or affiliate.”